WordSentry Services Privacy Statement
Thank you for using this product or service by WordSentry (collectively, “Services”). Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice (the “Policy”) which applies to information provided or collected through the Services.
Information Collected by the Services. We receive and may store any information you enter on our website or provide via Services registration. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”).
When you register as a user of WordSentry, you voluntarily provide information about yourself (such as name and e-mail address). In addition, when you use WordSentry software or Services, the documents, text and information transmitted to us for analysis, flagging and correction is transferred to our servers, and this information may include personal information. Should there be a problem in execution of the Services, we may use information provided at registration to contact you.
You may provide information on behalf of another entity. If you completed the registration or provide information on behalf of a certain entity, you represent to us that you were authorized by that entity to give us consent to use the submitted information.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifying information when you use the Services or visit our Site, such as communications analyzed by the Services, components flagged, deviations of these over time (writing improvement), your IP address, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, access times, etc. We also may collect information about your online activity while visiting the Site.
The Site and Services are directed to a general audience and we do not offer services directed to children. If we gain actual knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to us, we will immediately delete this information.
Use of this Information. We may use personal information provided to us as follows:
- To enable us to verify your credentials for continuing access to the Services.
- We may use non-personally identifying information that we collect to provide statistical information about users of the Services or Site, to improve the quality, design and content of our Site, to analyze the use of our Services or Site and to cooperate with law enforcement.
- We will retain information transmitted to us in the context of use of Services for further internal use in connection with our efforts to improve our Services and products.
- We may use personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiries, to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, to carry out transactions which you have requested, or to enforce our rights and resolve disputes.
- We may use non-personally identifying information that we collect to provide developers with information useful in developing new and improved features and services.
- Your employer, if that employer is the licensee of the Services.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website or together with our software. Any such partner can be verified by their name appearing, either alone or with ours. If you choose to use these products or services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. If you wish to no longer allow that third party to use your information you may opt-out by contacting that third party directly.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous data with third parties for any use whatsoever.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms and Conditions for the Site, End User License Agreements for our Software and other agreements.
- In the event that Sententia, LLC, dba WordSentry goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on the Site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. WordSentry does not sell, rent or lease the personal information that you provide about yourself to third parties unless we have your consent.
Security of Information. Physical and electronic procedures have been put into place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use personal information. These include use of firewalls, passwords and other measures.
Although we take measures we believe are appropriate to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Editing your Information. WordSentry allows you to view the information you provided during registration and to alter any data, inaccuracies or errors. Select “My Account” for such access.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at support@WordSentry.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy you may contact us at support@WordSentry.com